Shared NoteShare Notebooks – UMaine
NoteShare digitally transforms the standard print notebook by allowing the integration of digital text entries and media files. Digital images, audio, and video can be embedded in pages of a notebook, and hyperlinks to the Web can be inserted. These features, combined with NoteShare’s familiar notebook interface, create a dynamic organizational tool.
The use of NoteShare is powerfully extended by its sharing feature. The “share” in NoteShare means that users can synchronously (at the same time) and asynchronously (at different times) access and edit a notebook that is shared from one laptop, or from a server.
Sharing NoteShare notebooks results in social construction of knowledge and products between and among teachers and students. For example, shared notebooks can be used to:
- Simultaneously collaborate on the same product, within a common location or remotely, using specialized NoteShare tools and editing features, such as:
- Voice Memos
- Time Stamps
- Flagging, Highlighting, and Prioritizing Entries
- Communicate teacher and peer feedback and revisions in real time, using specialized NoteShare features that enhance descriptions for continuous improvement.
- Share and exchange content from across multiple shared notebooks, using the PageFolio tool.
- Connect students from across Maine (or with NoteShare users throughout the world) to develop relationships through organization of cultural or geographical characteristics and data (e.g., economy, ecology, customs, language, etc.).
- Facilitate peer mentoring by using shared notebooks for goal-setting and journaling between peers.